Rice Paper Rolls
- 200g lean pork mince
- 8 round (22cm-diameter) rice-paper sheets
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchstick
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 11/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Step 1Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour and is cooked through.
- Step 2Set aside for 15 minutes to cool completely.
- Step 3To make the dressing, combine the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Step 4Soak 1 rice-paper sheet in warm water for 30 seconds or until soft (don’t soak the sheet for too long or it will tear).
- Step 5Drain on paper towel. Place on a clean work surface. Spoon one-eighth of the pork along the centre of the sheet. Add a little of the cucumber and carrot. Fold in ends and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat to make 8 rice-paper rolls. Serve with the dipping sauce.
|Energy 600kJ||Fat saturated 2.30g|
|Fat Total 16.00g||Carbohydrate sugars 10.90g|
|Carbohydrate Total -||Dietary Fibre -|
|Protein 12.00g||Cholesterol -|